Held at 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at the McLaughlin Branch of the Oshawa Public Library; 65 Bagot Street, Oshawa
- Welcome: Merle Cole, President of the Board, called to order the 55th Annual General Meeting of the Oshawa Historical Society and drew attention to last year’s minutes printed on page 22 – 23 of the Annual Report.
- A motion was called to accept the Minutes of the April 17, 2012 Annual General Meeting as distributed. Moved by Tim Dwyer; seconded by David Dowsley. CARRIED.
- Merle then asked the Membership to review the information contained in the 2012 Annual Report. He noted that the Oshawa Historical Society is financially sound and continues to grow and prosper. A motion was called to adopt the 2012 Annual Report as written. Moved by Pat Davies; seconded by Ray Smith. CARRIED.
- Stoney Kudel read the Human Resources Committee Report. A motion was called to approve the HR Committee Report. Moved by Bob Bell; seconded by Linda Bazowsky. CARRIED.
- Merle welcomed new Board Members for 2013, introducing those present and thanked Erin Gendron for her services during her past term.
- Merle then called upon Janet Dowson, Treasurer. A motion was called “to reappoint Deloitte and Touche as auditors for 2013”. Moved by David Dowsley; seconded by Brian Gough. CARRIED.
- Next Merle called upon Jillian Passmore, Visitor Experience Co-ordinator, to present volunteer recognition certificates and the 2012 Earl Hann volunteer of the Year Award recipient. Erika Suchan was the Earl Hann Award recipient and Pat Davies was the top hour earner for 2012.
Volunteer certificates were presented to or accepted on the behalf of: Karen Albrecht, Dylon Angi, Tyler Angi, Mary Ellen Cole, Pat Davies, Gale D’Souza, Victoria Gee, Logan Hallard, Judy Harper, Sharon Henderson, Kathryn Holden, Christine Hutcheson, Wendy Jing, Dorothy Kitchen, Gabrielle Lavictoire, Zackery Lavictoire, Donna Martino, Lisa Mercier, Kay Murray, Taylor Noble, Shawn Perron, Brianna Phillip, Ann-Marie Strocel, Susanne Sutton, Erika Suchan, Josh Vanderstelt.
- Membership service pins were presented by Lisa Terech, Youth Engagement / Programs, to the following long-standing members:
5 Year Pin: Marlene Malish; Edward Novak; Mary Townsend
10 Year Pin: Alan & Bob Ann Dickson; JoAnn Hayden; Sharon Henderson; Karen Boissoin (no pin [Life Member] but recognised); Stoney Kudel (no pin [Life Member] but recognised)
15 Year Pin: Val Foster (no pin [Life Member] but recognised)
20 Year Pin: Robert T. Bell
- Merle then called for a motion to adjourn the 55th Annual General Meeting of the Oshawa Historical Society. Moved by Gary Bazowsky; seconded by Pat Davies. CARRIED.